Chanel Harris-Tavita extends Warriors stay
Sport Nation • August 18th, 2026 11:54 am

Chanel Harris-Tavita in action during the Warriors' triumph over Manly | Photo: Dean Lewins/AAP
NZ Warriors half Chanel Harris-Tavita has signed a second contract extension in less than three months, committing his future to the club through to the end of the 2029 NRL season.
The 27-year-old initially agreed to a one-year extension in May, but has now added another two seasons to his deal.
Harris-Tavita will spend at least 10 seasons with the Warriors across his two spells at the club, having returned in 2024 following a year away from rugby league.
The playmaker has established himself as the Warriors' first-choice No.6 over the past two seasons, helping the side to a 28-14 record in the 42 games he has played.
He also reached 100 NRL appearances for the Warriors earlier this season.
Time for the Warriors to lock up Chanel Harris-Tavita | Running It Straight
“It's really pleasing to have Chanel with us for a longer term,” Warriors general manager recruitment, pathways and development Andrew McFadden said.
“He has worked so hard at improving his game and has become one of the game's most accomplished halves.”
Harris-Tavita further demonstrated his versatility in Saturday night's 40-6 win over Brisbane, moving to halfback after Luke Metcalf suffered a hamstring injury early in the match.
Warriors coach Andrew Webster praised the way his playmaker responded to the setback.
“He was really professional. He's one of our most consistent players and is having a terrific season for us leading our left edge,” Webster said.
“We're so glad he's staying for two more years and we know he is going to become an even more important player for us.”
Tune into Sport Nation for live commentary of the NZ Warriors all season long - download the app today on Google Play and the App Store.

